Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm a Doctor not a Movie Critic!

Lest anyone thinks we fancy ourselves lofty critics of high art, I'm going to post my favorite '90s movies and be done with it. Even though I want to go into the '80s and rank "Say Anything" #1 and "Ferris" #2, I will stop. This is a family blog not Siskel & Ebert. But before we get away from the topic, here are my favorite '90s flicks. A lot are certainly emotional picks and not necessarily what would be deemed "critically acclaimed." But it was our coming-of-age decade so it's hard not to see these movies now as I did as a teenager. And when you're young these movies teach such great life lessons -- like when you're in a pinch and need to sneak out, you can always tear someone's face off and use it as your own. I used that trick so many times to sneak out of the house!

  1. Dazed and Confused
  2. Pulp Fiction
  3. Hoop Dreams
  4. Good Will Hunting
  5. American Beauty
  6. Silence of the Lambs
  7. The Shawshank Redemption
  8. Get Shorty
  9. Chasing Amy
  10. Office Space
  11. Philadelphia
  12. The Truman Show
  13. The Matrix

No comments:

Post a Comment