Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Little Mermaid

Our friend's parents were out of town last weekend. No, this is not the start of my screenplay about high school frivolity set in football-loving, brush-clearing, God-fearing Texas. This is actually the story of Grace's first swimming lesson. Our friend's parents have a sweet pad with a pool and so said friend was having a pool party. Family-friendly pool party without the parents-are-away-shenanigans . . . so we thought we'd toss Grace in and, you know, sink or swim. No, no. Of course not. But, we did strap on a baby swim diaper and let her wade around with mom for a while. I think she took to it:






As part of our all-American weekend of pool party BBQs and such, we had some corn-on-the-cob. Which reminded us of a compliment I paid Kelly long ago. Well, not so much that as a dig she made at me for my poor corn-on-the-cob eating style and her expertise at it. Look at how clean her cob is after a thorough, typewrite-style devourage:


Beautiful. While mine looks much more like our friend MK's:


Terrible. We'll see how well Gracie eats her corn. She's drooling enough now to convince us she's close to teething so it may not be long :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time! Kelly, you look great! Look at you out in a bikini only 4 months after having Gracie! Great job! And Grace is cute as a button, as always! :)

    and don't worry Jason we can't all be perfectionist corn eaters like Kelly. My corn cobs usually look more like the second pic as well. Dang, now I want some corn on the cob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? I was CLEARLY ENJOYING my corn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was eating with vigor! and vehemence! et cetera.

    Most sincerely,
    MK the voracious corn eater from Indiana, the REAL corn state

    ReplyDelete