We've know for a while now that she can "speak" (although it's not intelligible by any means). And recently she's discovered how to "rollover" like Jasper can barely do. Witness :
But did you know she could "fly" too? Like Underdog, I guess. Although she prefers a different theme song. Turn the volume on for this video.
So she's got the basics down! And she's taken her second foray into swimming on a fabulous father's day. I called it "organized relaxing" as we scheduled up a full day ... to just chill. It was fabulous. We got all the dad varieties together for a picture (and apparently managed to all wear light blue).
Then we chowed down on some fine meat and hung around the pool on a not-so-miserable summer afternoon in Texas.
Later, Gracie took a rather huge dump in a rather small diaper that we were trying to get rid of because they were too small now. Bad combo. The outfit she was wearing was approaching too small too and while we don't usually just toss those out (save them for baby #2? or give to other expecting moms), I decided the process of pulling her heavily soiled outfit over her head was too fraught with problems and visions of her own poop on her face. So I did the dumb man thing -- just grabbed some scissors and cut off the lower part of the outfit that was soiled and trashed it. Again, I do not condone wasting clothing. But in a moment of panic and poop overload, you do what you have to do. She was sporting a nice cut-off the rest of the day. Perfect for these hot days.
No comments:
Post a Comment